Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2008

Robert Downey Jr: Off the wagon?


Okay, I'm taking these news directly off Evil Beet Gossip, just because I love that guy so, so much. He' s an amazing actor, and he totally makes every movie in the world work for me (I'm talking "Iron Man", here).

Anyway, I'm not trying to make all this sound less negative or sad, but the things is this: when you're battling an addiction to anything, there'll be relapse. I've battled an addiction for over two years (although a lot of people will probably say that my problem was far less addicting than drugs or alcohol - I respectfully disagree), and I've had relapses all the fucking time.
Now that might mainly have something to do with me not being a very stable person in general (but I'm working on that), but I just hope that people understand that.
A relapse is not the end of a battle.
It's just a break in between.

That being said, best of luck to this wonderful, talented actor.


1 Kommentar:

Pippa * Jeanne hat gesagt…

He was absolutely great in "Iron Man", wasn't he? :) And it was especially nice to see his character again at the end of "The Incredible Hulk". (Did you see the bonus bit of film at the end of the credits in "Iron Man"? Definitely a sequel in the making!)

I don't think it matters WHAT the addiction is. Anything that can have you in that truly monster-like grip is SERIOUS, anything! It happens so smoothly, so easily, before you know it, you're caught. It really scares me, perhaps especially since I am so sensitive to getting caught.

Thank goodness we are warrior people, who learn and fight the darkness through the deeper knowledge gained!

Love,
Pippa