Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2008

A nice, fussy welcome!

Wow.
Okay, I don't know how you start something like that.
I guess I introduce myself first.

So, my name is Hannah, and I'm from Germany.
I've read numerous blogs and followed the stories of several vloggers (is that what it's called? Man, these words...), and I've always wanted to start a blog myself.
I'm not quite sure why I never did it, but today I just said "Fuck it" and started one.
So this is it.

I could of course say the usual introduction stuff, but I'm not a big fan of formality.
Here are some truly defining facts about me:

1. I dyed my hair black. Yeah. I just wanted to do this. I was in a kind of emo/gothic phase back then. That's over now, but I kept the black hair. I just like it, and it's a constant reminder of a time when I wasn't feeling good. It makes me remember that life was worse once, and how good I've got it now. I know, it's just a hair color, but still...

2. Concerning LOST, I like Desmond, Richard and Sun best. Nuff said.

3. I like to read. No, wait, that's a lie. I LOVE to read. And not chick lit, or crime or whatever, but drama (Haha, I almost wrote "Dharma"...). I love books that are so honest they're painful, so real and so tragic, that they give you nightmares. I like crazy writers, who use books as a kind of, well, channel, to tell these things that are so unimaginable (is that a word?). Some of my favorite writers are Bret Easton Ellis, Chuck Palahniuk and Martha O'Connor. Jeffrey Eugenides is pretty good, Susan Fletcher and JT Leroy had me in tears. Robert Harris' books are less personal, but certainly a great read. Mo Hayder is scary. And let's not talk about Richard Matheson.

4. Movies are fun, but I can't stand people who lead a life ruled by the rules that exist in the cinema-world. Whenever you read or watch something, you have to remember that it might not be real. Otherwise you're gonna lead a pretty messed up life.

5. EvilBeet is my queen. Hail her. Like, now.

6. Yes, I thought Chris Crocker's "Leave Britney Alone" was genius, thank you very much (;

7. Winter and fall are better than spring, which is better than summer.

8. Talking is good. It's important to say what you think, but at the right time. My problem was that I didn't talk for a long time.

More later.
Okay, now I'm gonna find out how to do shit on this side.
Stay tuned, whoever you are!

Hugs
xoxo
or is it
oxox?
No, I don't think.

1 Kommentar:

Ronin hat gesagt…

Welcome Poppana,

I hope you'll have a grand time blogging. I truly think it is a good means to do some musing and reflection. Hopefully you find lots of inspiration here and make a lot of friends.

Enjoy every moment of it. Ach ja, btw, I am jelly. What am I?

R*