Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2008

Boh3m3: An Open Letter To Eminem

Watch it here.

This is the new boh3m3 video, and I think that it is really moving.
It's good to see someone you admire (or have once admired or whatever) getting better and finding their way, and it's especially nice to see that boh3m3 shared this with youtube - after all, this is where it all started, and it has a sort of poetry to it.

But the reason people are going to be pretty POed about this (I'd guess)?

"I have finally worked out what the hell is wrong with me. Or what the hell is right with me, that I just didn't understand for a long time. [...] I realized that I have ADHD [attention deficit hyperactive disorder]. Like, I really do, it finally clicked, it makes sense."

Now, of course I don't know the whole story behind this, and of course I don't know how well educated he is when it comes to neurobehavioral disorders, or any sort of border-psychological disorder for that matter.
But assuming he doesn't know much about it, and assuming he diagnosed himself, then there is something immensley wrong with that video.
For me, self-diagnostics are sort of like blasphemy.
Because it's just too easyto go out there and say, "listen, this and this is wrong with me. Go figure."
And I really hope that he has had a proper diagnosis, or this is another step towards making serious disorders look like random words that you can use to describe the bad, stinging feeling inside your chest that keeps your mind from working.

Keine Kommentare: